Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Angry Charging problem- new info

Hey everyone. Heres the issue I had. Lenovo p780. Originally the red light stopped coming on and phone would not charge. Steps Ive taken already-

1. I have replaced the charging port- Not the issue
    2. I have taken to service center- they refuse to fix saying it was licensed for china and not russia.
    3. I have been to 3 smaller centers and no one can fix it. (But they arent that smart here anyway)

What I did that worked (for a week) was open it up and put electrical tape behind the port and the glass. Because it would charge when you apply pressure to the top portion of the screen. (I would use a gallon water jug on top to charge it before).

Then it stopped charging again. I would open it up and have to move things around and it would start again. Then after a few days, that stopped working.

Now I noticed the only way to get it to charge is to open it up, plug it in. (light is off). I remove the battery connector (light starts flashing rapidly). I reconnect the battery connecter and it starts charging again......

Not sure how to go about fixing this and if thats the only issue. I cant afford a new phone for another month so until then I need to find a solution.