Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Utsav Tyagi
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Google Play Music App Crashing

Hi guys,

Ever since the new moto g update to 4.4.4 came out, play music crashes as soon as i start scrolling down into my library. I've tried clearing cache, uninstalling updates and clearing data, but nothing worked. Please help, im desperate for this

Default Re: Google Play Music App Crashing

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery and wiping the system cache partition, which is different from the individual app cache. The steps for the Moto G are the same as for the Moto X: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8696
    Thanked by:

thanks alot for the follow up, dude but still the same problem. I searched online and many people getting the 4.4.4 update have the same problem. Is there any more you can do?

That's disappointing. Send feedback to Motorola, as well as to Google from within the Google Play Music app.
    Thanked by:

I will do that, B.Diddy. Thank You very much for the help, had a great first experince
    B. Diddy likes this.

I've been having a similar problem with the Google Play Music app lately (although I still have 4.4.2). My solution has been to use the widgets for Google Play music. I have a Google music subscription so when I browse the Google Store for music, I can choose to play it in my app. It opens the song in the app, and starts playing it. The app still crashes, but the music continues playing in my widget, and I can use the widget to go back and forth between songs on the album.

Go to. Apps - all - media storage - clear data - then open your play music it is always because of some unreliable file downloaded . try find it and delete

Hey I've had the same problem on my moto g after updating it to 4.4.4. I have tried clearing the data for google music play, deleting my cache partition and also tried the factory reset but the app still crashes when I go to My Library. Somebody please help

Hey, I am having the same problem! Anyone found any solution? My moto G was updated to 4.4.4 for a long time now and play music was running fine but recently the app is crashing while I scroll through my library... Please reply if someone has any solution!

Thanks!

Go to. Apps - all - media storage - clear data - then open your play music it is always because of some unreliable file downloaded . try find it and delete
    This totally worked. Thank you. I have been having this crash for about 2 weeks, and this is the only thing that resolved it.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman321 View Post
    Just factory reset my N5 and was having the play music force close issue. This fixed my issue. Thank you so much I was just about to start pulling my hair out!

Edit: So, after I clear data in media storage I lose all of my ringtones and notification sounds. Play music will work, but in the phone app or hangouts there are either no sounds to choose from or just one. After I reboot the sounds are back but once again play music starts force closing again
    Last edited by dubsy54321; 10-26-2014 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Add additional info