Alcatel One Touch T'POP 4010X

A

AC Question

Firstly, I apologise in advance for my shocking lack of knowledge regarding mobile phones and anything associated with them! I have been forced to update my mobile phone and I have purchased an Alcatel One Touch T'POP 4010X.

A message pops up stating that the internal phone memory is low. At times I can not open my email as the message states that the memory is too low to allow email settings. I have a 2GB SD memory card inserted. A colleague has removed some of the items that had been stored and unticked >Accounts & sync data > background data.

Current storage is as follows:
>SD card & phone storage:
SD card total space 1.85GB, Available space 1.71BG
Internal phone storage available space 11.01MB

I can not click on >Internal phone storage to view what is actually stored on the phone. Is there a way to view this?

I originally stored my contacts to the phone (there are more data input fields available if I store contacts to the phone rather than SIM or SD?) I have now moved the contacts to the SD card.

Also, moving from selecting and actually executing opening anything is very slow, the screen goes dark and it is some seconds before the command is executed.

I have no idea which apps I need to keep on the phone or if I am deleting things that I need to allow the phone to function correctly!

Thank you for reading this and I'm looking forward to your help!

Emma Grace

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Review this guide first, and let us know what questions remain: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Regarding your contacts, it generally makes more sense to associate your contacts with your Google account, because then they're stored in the cloud rather than in local storage. This means that if you somehow lose data in local storage, you won't lose all of your contacts. See this for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...tting-started-android-2014-a.html#post3707512

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance