How long does android versions last
Recently i noticed that cant download app because my android version is to old.
I want to know......
If i purchase a new phone with a later version of android how long will that phones android last before i get the same problems?
- 07-23-2014, 07:03 AM #2
It depends on the device. A high end popular device should be good for at least 18 months if not longer. My Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 is on 4.4.2,same software as my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and making it up to date for at least 2 years after release. Not sure if it will get any further updates though.
Now some lower end or less popular devices might not get updated as much. Case and point, my Verizon Droid Razr Maxx was released in January 2012 . it didn't get 4.2,which was released in November 2012. So essentially it was up to date for 10 months. The phone originally retailed for $700 or so.
Also my Verizon HTC rezound which was $700 at release in November 2011 is still on ice cream sandwich. Jelly bean was released in July 2012, making it up to date for 7 months
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- By CasinoStar Yoyou in forum GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 01-19-2015, 06:47 AM
- By Karsakoff in forum Wallpapers, Ringtones, and ThemesReplies: 6Last Post: 08-26-2014, 01:49 PM
- By Anthony Marques in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 07-24-2014, 03:12 AM
- By Nuuq in forum LG G2Replies: 3Last Post: 07-23-2014, 10:22 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-23-2014, 09:06 AM