Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is my Samsung Gear 2 broken? :(

Hi, I've had my Gear 2 for about a month now and now I'm running into a problem where it is now virtually unusable. Yesterday night, I let it recharge charge so that it would be fresh in the morning; however when I woke up, I noticed that it was off. I proceeded to turn it back on, but once the clock face loaded, it immediately went black. I did several reboots... still the same thing. I did manage to get it to stay "on" by connecting it to my charger, but there is no display other than the double press, three-finger press, and double home press functions. I can't access my settings either to do a hard reset because the watch is completely black and even though it says it is "connected" to my S4, it won't bring up any settings so I can try to remote factory reset it.

Please help! :(
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Is my Samsung Gear 2 broken? :(

Well, I'm not too sure what was the exact cause of it, but it did indeed suffer some sort of internal damage that corrupted the software. I got a replacement watch, but it may have been caused by me playing basketball with it on. This $300 watch certainly isn't as durable as I expected it to be for the price.