Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default "Unfortunately, Contacts has Stopped" on LG G3

I just changed from Iphone5 to LG G3 and transferring all contacts to this device. Firstly, it was working fine but when I tried to edit contact it showed "Unfortunately, Contacts has Stopped" I did factory reset , it worked correctly for 2 hours and then started to show the same thing again. LG support asked me to reset and change the way to transfer contacts from icloud. I did it few times but it came after awhile.
    I tried to put new contacts mannually avoiding question of transferring contacts from IOS, now this time I can edit with that new contacts I put. But when I tried to put something in '+Add another field' for Events, then it start to show the same "Unfortunately, Contacts has Stopped" again. I tried it many times, it came out the same thing again and again....
    Please if anyone can help .....

Thank You

3,513 Posts
    Nexus 6 - CM12.1 w/5.1.1

Default Re: "Unfortunately, Contacts has Stopped" on LG G3

Go into "Accounts & sync" then your Google account and make sure Contacts are set to sync.

I've got exactly the same problem, using an LG D855. Got an over the air firmware update today which I was hoping would sort this but I'm afraid not. I'm now running V10g-HKG-XX. I've got all my contacts save in Gmail and have never had a problem. I can see all my contacts but as soon as I try and edit a contact that has lots of additional info, such as multiple phone numbers, address, date of birth etc I get the "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped" message. I've tried what you have suggested but I'm already syncing. I've also tried resetting all app settings and restarting, again problem persists. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

The same thing happens to me. Just arrived from a Samsung gs3 and all contacts were working fine. I've synced them over and I can edit most of them except some random odd contacts. Does anyone have a fix...

Running standard out of the box setup (against my better judgement, normally prefer a custom rom with root). Factory resetting isn't a solution here.

Crasher from XDA forum found a solution that works for me:

... set the "phone" calendar to visible.

Thanks and regards.

I'm not sure I understand what "set the "phone" calendar to visible" means... One of the first things I did when I got my G3 was to disable the useless apps or apps that duplicated when I use my preferred apps. The default app "Calendar" is one of those. So I enabled it.

If this is this what you mean, it did not work for me. If this is not what you mean, can you please clarify?

What he means is go to calendar app (which you've now re-enabled), and under "calendars to display" make sure that the one labeled "Phone" is checked. I had it unchecked and kept getting the error on some contacts. As soon as I checked the "Phone" calendar it, the problem went away.

Hope this helps.

That worked for me!

make sure that the sync is working or not

Hi. I have only just started getting this error and I'm not a very good technical person. I looked at all the answers, the only one I can't seem to do is Check the Phone calendar. There is no check box.

I have also been receiving a message about "Another sync is running please try again later". Grateful for any step by step help!

This is my first smartphone.

well here's an old thread...but this just happened to me. All of a sudden, for no particular reason, I cannot edit contacts and get the message "Unfortunately Contacts has Stopped".
    I am not using the stock calendar app, and have been using Business Calendar Pro for over a year.
    However, I have not "disabled" the stock calendar app. it's right there if I choose to look at it. I don't though, and use BC every day.

BUT...under the stock calendar app, I see no place in Setting where the account "Phone" or "Visibility" is shown or has any ability to be selected or unselected.

On the BC app, phone is selected to be visible.

This is really a pretty serious issue. I cannot edit my Contacts???
    Any help would really be appreciated. thanks.

Cool Re: "Unfortunately, Contacts has Stopped" on LG G3

Just to recap here is a quick list of my symptoms:

- When opening the Phone app all tabs (Dial, Recent, Contacts, Favorites, Groups) would display Contacts List is Updating and no matter how long I waited, would just stay in a waiting state.
    - Occasionally when opening the Phone app, I would be presented with the Configure Your Profile screen in which almost all actions tried would result in the Unfortunately Contacts has Stopped
    - I checked that the Phone Calendar was visible and that did not correct the issue but this clued me in to looking at Calendar Settings.

I installed the Google Calendar app as the Phone Calendar was not quite to my liking for ease of use and display so I went in to Application Manager > Calendar and Selected Clear Defaults and my Phone app, including my Contacts list immediately populated.

This was only a temporary fix. Issue resurfaced a few hours later and the only way I can get it to work is by clearing the cache for Apps. So far the list of apps that I have cleared cache for and contacts has immediately started working: Calendar, Contacts, The entire phone and even cleared the local Contacts database and cache which forced a compete re-sync of contacts from my Google account yet the issue persists.
    Just noticed that my phone app is showing a date timestamp of 1/1/1969....seems somewhere along the data path of phone and contact data there is an issue with dates cause I was not even around in that year.