Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default Droid and risqué pics

So my bf has a droid x and he had some very risqué photos and a few other odd photos in a gallery...like a separate folder and he swears the phone does that even though he's never viewed them. Can someone help? Does this make sense ?

Global Posts
    26,124 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Droid and risqué pics

No, this doesn't make any sense. Folders can be created for downloading, screenshots or bluetooth transfers (I think that is about it for automatically creating), but anything other folder is most likely user created.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

It wasn't a folder it was in the gallery?!

Global Posts
    26,124 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneyjax27 View Post
    It wasn't a folder it was in the gallery?!
    I used the word folder due to lack of a better word. The Gallery app makes those folders as it sees different locations of photos.

Signed, a Nexus 5, AC forums app, and Android L.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

I guess I dont understand? You mean if it created a new folder I was on the site?

As Golfdriver97 says, Gallery creates certain folders, or types of photo I suppose you could say, automatically....if you take screenshots for example, they will be filed in a folder or album of their own. Any other folders than these automatically-created ones must presumably have been made by a user.

(I think I can speak for both Golfdriver and myself when I say, I hope you're not planning on going out and buying a gun because of anything you've read here!)

Posted via Android Central App

Well that makes no sense sorry I guess I'm not following or buying a gun lol. Do you're saying that those photos couldn't just have appeared? That someone would of had to save them?

When you say user created they were created by him then? Also he swears his internet browsing history is false...have you ever heard of the browsing history being inaccurate? I saw that droids can do this when I googled it

Oops, the gun thing was a joke!
    To the best of my knowledge photo files of the sort you describe have to have been created by a user (I stress 'a' user, not necessarily your bf.) However, some weird stuff can very definitely happen in the world of smartphones....I can speak from experience....so your boyfriend is quite possibly perfectly innocent.

Using public wifi and not logging out afterwards, for example?

Edit: The personal experience I refer to was that I once found something in my Chrome browser history that I had not browsed, on a device that nobody else had access to.

Posted via Android Central App

It could create thumbnails in a folder, I guess. If he's looking at random webpages the pictures might be getting saved.

Yeah this happened again on his phone and it was a pic from face book. Again he swears he didn't save this photo the photo says facebook and had one photo in it

He was on facebook when this one was saved...maybe is this why it was created