Restrict data usage to certain apps only?
I'm leaving the country on Friday and unfortunately I still have to be able to use my phone.
As most of you on Verizon will know, their international data plan.... Well it sucks. 100/mb for $25. Outrageous.
I just recently got a Galaxy Note 3 a few days ago. So far, I LOVE IT.
I just need a little help real quick with restricting data usage to certain apps. On my iPhone, I could just toggle in settings which apps could use data AT ALL. Is there anything equivalent to that for Android? I never thought I would really need a feature like this, but it would be really nice to just turn on the one or two apps I need to work while I'm gone.
For the record, my phone is unrooted and has the latest software AFAIK.
- 09-07-2014, 03:30 AM #2
- 06-12-2015, 07:47 PM #3
- 06-13-2015, 04:07 PM #4
- 06-13-2015, 04:29 PM #5
- 31 Posts
Re: Restrict data usage to certain apps only?
You could also turn off mobile data while playing that game... Then you would get calls but the game could not use data. Just go to settings>data usage>turn off cellular data. Just turn it on again when you are finished with the app. On my nexus 5 I can also turn mobile data on or off by going into quick settings and pressing on the cellular service button.
Posted via the Android Central App
- By phstratton in forum LG Optimus GReplies: 4Last Post: 03-04-2015, 08:37 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-07-2014, 03:22 AM
- By Sumuji in forum LG Optimus SeriesReplies: 4Last Post: 07-23-2014, 08:21 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-23-2014, 09:41 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-23-2014, 09:18 AM