Program 10196

M

mim

Hello people, first of all i want to apologize for my english because is not that great. The second problem that i have is with my phone, a HTC Desire 500. Yesterday, in two separatet ocasion, something from my phone downloaded aprox 5Gb from the internet. That woldnt be a problem if i were connected on wifi, but i was on mobile data and it kind of added 100€ to my phone bill :( . Does anyone know what 10196 means in android because i looked at the data usage and this is what is showing as the hinghest consumer. Please provide some answer if possible so i can prevent it in the future...i'm not rich, so is kind of important. Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Hmm, that doesn't sound good. What icon is associated with the 10196 app? Is it just a green Android? Certain Android system apps show up as a number, but I've never seen that one before, and a Google search turns up nothing. And I can't think of a system app that would use up 5 GB of mobile data in a typical data cycle.

Do you only install apps from reputable sources like Google Play Store? If you've installed apps from lesser known sources or filesharing sites, then I'd be concerned about malware (of course, this is still possible on the Play Store, but less likely). Have you gotten odd popup "warnings" about your system being vulnerable, and click some button now to protect it? Something like that is typically adware/malware, trying to lure you into installing a malicious app.

You might have to do a factory reset and start from scratch. If you do, first go to Settings>Backup & Reset, and uncheck Automatic Restore, so that any malicious apps that might have been installed won't automatically do so upon resetting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power