- 6 Posts
Android L and skinned Android
I'm planning on switching over to Android in a week from the iPhone. I'm looking at the HTC One M8 and LG G3 as possible phones. How will the Material Design work if the devices are skinned? Is material design exclusive to just Nexus devices or will devices with developer skins still have the design language?
- 09-04-2014, 10:22 PM #2
Re: Android L and skinned Android
Manufacturers like Samsung and HTC might modify their respective skins to incorporate some Material Design, but I doubt it would be much--they want to keep their own look and identity. I would guess that once Android L becomes official, the Google Now Launcher will be updated with Material Design, and you'd be able to install that on your phone.
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 11Last Post: 09-23-2014, 12:57 AM
- By ranger29 in forum For the CarReplies: 3Last Post: 08-12-2014, 07:19 PM
- By Corey King in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 07-23-2014, 01:04 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-23-2014, 08:32 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-23-2014, 08:18 AM