Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Block Domain Feature Now Crashes Email 072314

Love this feature: Add email to Spam without opening the email. You simply check the box next to the email and select BLOCK SENDER or BLOCK DOMAIN. Effective, efficient. When it worked.

Feature stopped working after the last update. Now when I select Block Sender or Block Domain, the error message reads, "Unfortunately, email has stopped."

Please, please, pretty please, fix it. Or tell me how to fix it???? Give me hope again. Make my life whole again. Sammy 3 user.

Emi

Default Re: Block Domain Feature Now Crashes Email 072314

Which email client are you using?

Same problem galaxy s4 4.2.2

Does anyone know how to fix this? Since reset of Galaxy S5, cannot block domain/sender without shutdown of e-mail. Pain in the ***. Help, please!!

This just started happening on my Note 3 (tmo). Any solutions offered up yet?

I had same problem. It's caused when you reach the 200 domain limit within the spam list.

Sadly a bit limited. As soon as I removed some addresses from the list, I was able to select a spam mail in my mailbox and block the domain successfully.

You can view the spam list by accessing the settings in email and scrolling down to "spam addresses"

Thanks dommo_uk. This has been driving me nuts. As soon as I deleted one off the list I was able to add another

Is there a solution for this problem? Is it possible to increase the limit of 200 spam-addresses/-domains?

Thanks for your support!

I tried deleting the messages in my spam list but then the spam comes back to my email. So that doesn't work. Anyone find a fix yet?

Once you delete those in your Spam folder then those spam emails start infiltrating your inbox again. Tried it.

Had the same problem. Tried what dommo_UK suggested and it worked on my note 2. Go to your email, click on the folder icon it will bring up all your folders, select SETTINGS, NOT the spam folder, scroll down the list until you see Spam addresses, select that and it will list all 200 of the spam addresses you have blocked. Click on the trash can, it will delete all of them if you want and now you can start blocking email domains from your Inbox.
    Thank you dommo-uk!

That's not a fix yiu just enabled all of thos domain to spam you again if you delete the list. We need an unlimited list. Cause spammers just opens new acciunts while still keeping their old one going.

In fact instead of a list set om the phone why not sync with you own filters that you have set on your pc for imaps and the exchange services, and gmail. This eqy you dont need a list and you will be able to have you junk filters works just as if you were on your pc.