Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default 2 gmail accounts

I have 2 gmail accounts. The primary is used for email and the other is used for chatting texting. the problem is when I text the email account appears to be the sender and not the second account. How do I keep the texts from appearing to be sent from the primary account?

Default Re: 2 gmail accounts

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I have 2 gmail accounts. The primary is used for email and the other is used for chatting texting. the problem is when I text the email account appears to be the sender and not the second account. How do I keep the texts from appearing to be sent from the primary account?
    How are you sending these "texts"? Are you referring to standard SMS or Google Hangouts messages? I ask because standard SMS should NOT have your email address tagged at all, as they are sent via your phone number.

If you're talking about Hangouts, you can click on your account name at the top of the screen and change it to the secondary account from there.