Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Galaxy s4 – no sound with blue tooth

I bought the S4 a year ago and I use it with three different BT devices – my car, boom headset and “over the ear” ear piece. It has worked perfectly for all three devices until two weeks ago. Now I lose transmit and receive audio after I make 2 – 3 calls on any of the BT devices. There is no warning . . . there is simply no audio on the next call I initiate or answer. Once I lose the audio on the device, it is also gone from my phone after disconnecting from BT. The only way to get my audio back is to restart my S4.

I have worked with Verizon tech support for hours and they are at a loss. I performed the Master Reset, but that didn’t help at all. Because my phone was 10 days out of warranty when I reported the problem . . . they say it’s not a Verizon problem.

Any ideas on how I can prevent the audio from disappearing after using a BT device a few times?

Default Re: Galaxy s4 – no sound with blue tooth

Welcome to Android Central! Grrr ... I guess the "warranty expired" time bomb went off somewhere in the phone.

I know you already did a factory reset, but try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support

Another thing to consider would be to boot into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem goes away, then there's something you installed that could be interfering with Bluetooth--the tricky part is to figure out which app. Sometimes you just have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem resolves. Instructions for Safe Mode are at the bottom of the article I linked above.

Default Re: Galaxy s4 – no sound with blue tooth

I forgot to mention that one of the things tech support had me do was restart the S4 in SAFE MODE. This eliminated about 75% of the apps I had installed . . . but the same problem persisted.

I will give the "Recovery" option you suggested a try . . . I have nothing to lose at this point. Thanks for your suggestions.