Samsung galaxy S4 kitkat 4.42 but no Emojis

J

jonapple89

Hi
I got the update to android 4.42 but I can't access the emojis on my keyboard.
My service provider is Videotron and my phone model is SGH-M919V.
I tried everything so far. I have the samsung keyboard as default, I looked on my settings, etc. I don't see the smiley face to access the emojis like my other friends can.
Can someone help me? Thanks

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried holding the one next to the bottom left. It's not there for everyone apparently.
They have them in SwiftKey.

ha4e4aqu.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't know then. Someone with a Note 2 didn't get them either.
Try a thread in the Samsung Galaxy S4 main forum, and ask in Introductions, under Android Central Community, if no result here.
Or say hi anyway.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
ON EDIT :

Doubt it. Verizon change the most stuff like the dial pad theme, but they wouldn't change the Samsung keyboard.
See if you have version 4.0 in Applications Manager - All. Samsung may bring out updates?

Really - try SwiftKey.
It's much easier to use. You can swap back to the Samsung just by changing the default keyboard.
It doesn't take long for a new keyboard to learn your word predictions, and it has most from the get go.

They brought out a new version recently with all the best bits for free.
You can resize it, choose cursor arrow keys and where to place them (essential to me, chose to have a numbers row on top now like Samsung's, different themes and full emoji.

uremyzad.jpg

evy6ysej.jpg

y3ebujur.jpg

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well. Someone did post recently that emoji are built in to the device, as it were. Keyboards use those already there. It didn't seem logical at the time.

You need better advice than I can give you.

I had asked around last week about the Note 2 on 4.3.
I wish I knew the solution myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2