Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Angry receiving text

just swapped from an ipone to an android. First time ever having one. I have the galaxy note 2 and a few of my contacts can receive my text but I get nothing when they respond.... Can anyone help me?

Default Re: receiving text

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    just swapped from an ipone to an android. First time ever having one. I have the galaxy note 2 and a few of my contacts can receive my text but I get nothing when they respond.... Can anyone help me?
    This is most likely because your phone number is still registered with iMessage.

See this link here for how to fix: Can’t receive text messages on a non-Apple phone
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    22,254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Did you turn off and disconnect iMessage before changing?

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Yes, they did turn off Imessage at the store... and it's not all my numbers just one or two so far....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Jacobson View Post
    Yes, they did turn off Imessage at the store... and it's not all my numbers just one or two so far....
    My guess is that those two numbers are both iPhone owners?

It's possible that they didn't properly remove iMessage, and if the problem continues, you'll probably want to call the number in the link I provided above.