Sd card help

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I bought a 64gb sd card from Bestbuy. I inserted in my phone and hit format and it showed 58gb. But when I put it into my computer it would only read the card if I formatted it in fats32. I did that, but it only gives me 26.5gb's. The card works fine in my S5 that way. But I obviously want the full 64gb. So I reformatted it again in my phone. This time, when I inserted it into my pc, it didn't make me format to fat32. I thought great, i'm good to go. I download my old card on to the new 64gb card and it works fine in my computer. But when I insert it into my S5 it freezes, doesn't recognize it. A solution would be much appreciated. I did read online that you need a third party pc app that can format 64gb, but the one I tried didn't open for me.

warn joe

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I bought a 64gb sd card from Bestbuy. I inserted in my phone and hit format and it showed 58gb. But when I put it into my computer it would only read the card if I formatted it in fats32. I did that, but it only gives me 26.5gb's. The card works fine in my S5 that way. But I obviously want the full 64gb. So I reformatted it again in my phone. This time, when I inserted it into my pc, it didn't make me format to fat32. I thought great, i'm good to go. I download my old card on to the new 64gb card and it works fine in my computer. But when I insert it into my S5 it freezes, doesn't recognize it. A solution would be much appreciated. I did read online that you need a third party pc app that can format 64gb, but the one I tried didn't open for me.

Well, that was weird try formatting the card again in the NTFS format and see if that works fine over your PC as well as S5 but if that doesn't works the way it should I would say it will be better to go out to the store from where you have bought the SD card and ask replacement from them !