Tablet or phone ? N5 vs. G2 vs Tegra SHIELD vs. N7

Afterlife737

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
So I'm really stuck atm. I am a student and have $400. I'm currently using a really old samsunG galaxy nexus and since it's my only portable device ( I don't have any laptop or tablet, just my PC at home , it's took a really hard beating and I am feeling the performance dips :( So I'm in the market for a new device - I tinker with my phones allot so logically the ideal phone for me is the N5. I've looked at the G2 aswell though and that battery and screen is awesome - so much better than the N5. I like the camera more and for the price on e-bay it's about the same as the N5. I will definitely put a Custom ROM on the G2 and root it so software isn't an issue for me. It's also nearing fall and it's about new Nexus time... So I'm not sure whether to wait the 4 or so months for the new Nexus, but I'm scared that they might just do a tablet and that's it :/

Or I could just go down a completely different route and get a tablet. I could afford the new Tegra SHIELD, the Gpad 8.3 and the Nexus 7... But the N7 is a bit old now and I like the 8 inch form factor better...

So I'm stuck really. I would buy the N5 in a heartbeat if it wasn't nearing launch of the new Nexus because that's what happened with my Gnex. I got it a month before the N4 was announced and was SOOOO annoyed that I didn't wait. The G2 seems solid, but I REAALLLYYY want a build quality upgrade from plastic.

Please help,advise and leave your thoughts here thnx !

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Didn't I answer this question already?
Did you make 2 threads?

Anyway, wait for the new Nexus if possible.

On the tablets, write list of the things you want from a tablet as well as pros and cons of those tablets.
That should give you an answer.

Good luck with the new device!
Let us know which one you decided on and how you like it.

Sent From Another Galaxy

Afterlife737

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
No man only made this one. Put one up on LTT just to get a different perspective :) Well you made it really hard now :( The N6 could never come :O and that really bugs me. Waiting for a phone 4 months that I need now and don't even know if it will be released :/ So out of the N5 and the G2 - which would suit me better in the longrun in dev. suport and hardware ??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969