Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default How to resume download

Hi. Everyone I want to know is there anyway one could pause and resume downloading apps and games from playstore. I had wasted a lot of my data charges coz when the download is big.. And halfway the Internet connection drops.. The download also drops and will not resume easily and many times it will say error could not be downloaded.

I was using Windows phone where when downloading apps and games there is pause and resume function which was handy..
    Please help coz it's a bad experience...

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    7,600 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: How to resume download

I don't remember a pause button only the X to stop the app from downloading.

Sorry you're having such a bad experience but it wouldn't help if you lost data coverage anyway.

It would help to set your apps to update only when in WiFi.

Sent From Another Galaxy
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Default Re: How to resume download

Quote Originally Posted by diktea View Post
    Hi. Everyone I want to know is there anyway one could pause and resume downloading apps and games from playstore. I had wasted a lot of my data charges coz when the download is big.. And halfway the Internet connection drops.. The download also drops and will not resume easily and many times it will say error could not be downloaded.

I was using Windows phone where when downloading apps and games there is pause and resume function which was handy..
    Please help coz it's a bad experience...

Posted via Android Central App
    I have found a solution to your problem, it just happened to me today as I was downloading asphalt 8 airborne. The game is whooping 1.56 GB and was loosing connection in the middle of the way ending up restarting the download process from the beginning. The trick I used is to switch mobile data off then put it on. Google play will recognize internet connection has been restored and will resume whatever pending download task it was performing. You can easily turn on and off the airplane mode so u don't need to go into settings to disable your internet connection. That's what I have done and I found it easier to do.
    Thanked by:
    Rukbat