Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery issue

I have had my phone for just about 14 months now, I did a firmware upgrade in December last year at a Samsung Service Centre and since then have noticed that the battery doesn't last as long as it used to. Now the last couple of weeks the phone would switch off and will not switch on again, the battery percentage shows 35% and then it freezes and after a minute it switches off, when I put it on charge then I'm able to switch it on again and while charging it, the battery percentage will then show 33%.

Other times it will give a low battery warning on 15% then suddenly switch off. When I put it on charge and switch it back on again it shows 0%. Some times the battery will last a day other times I have to charge it 3 times a day.

My Wi-Fi is switched on during the day and at night I use my mobile data when needed and then the Wi-Fi is disabled. When I go to bed then I make sure that both Mobile Data and Wi-Fi is disabled. Some nights my phone battery percentage is 53% and in the mornings it shows 3%.

The phone usage is the same every day.

Is it the battery or could it be the phone or some other app draining the battery?

Any info will help as I don't want to buy a new battery unless I need to.

Thanks

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery issue

Have you tried to do a factory data reset?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

If I do a factory data reset will I wipe all the data from my phone? What happens to the firmware update? Will I have to do a firmware upgrade again?

Quote Originally Posted by Roelof Paul View Post
    If I do a factory data reset will I wipe all the data from my phone? What happens to the firmware update? Will I have to do a firmware upgrade again?
    It does wipe all the data. You can use an app like Helium to backup up app and app data.

You won't have to do the update again though.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:

Will do as suggested and let you know if it helped or not.

Thanks for the help.

Regards