S4 vs Nexus 5

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
It all depends on what you want out of a phone.

Personally, I had the GS4 and wouldn't think about trading it for the N5.

I was lucky, ended up getting the GS5 and gave my GS4 to my sister using her upgrade.

I think both are great devices.
But if you already did your homework and feel the N5 is best for you, go on and trade.

Good luck and let us know if you did and how you like the N5.

Sent From Another Galaxy

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Honestly the only reason I want to trade is for the updates. Usually the s4 gets all the android updates very late. I feel like when android L comes out I'll get it months later. But if I have the nexus 5 I'll get it right away. I'm still not convinced that I should make the trade

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Another S4 owner here. I'd make the trade I'm a heartbeat. I'm running stock Android on my phone anyway...I don't see any downsides to the trade other than battery life, but then again the S4 isn't the best in that department.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Honestly the only reason I want to trade is for the updates.

Keep in mind, that speed only happens when you leave it stock.

Another upside to the Nexus line is they are hard to brick. You have to really try to brick the device.

The Nexus 5 screen is really nice. Crisp, and clear, nearly true whites, overall nice feel.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Honestly the only reason I want to trade is for the updates. Usually the s4 gets all the android updates very late. I feel like when android L comes out I'll get it months later. But if I have the nexus 5 I'll get it right away. I'm still not convinced that I should make the trade

Well, if it's about the updates, definitely go with the N5.
Good luck with the new "toy"! 😉

Sent From Another Galaxy

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I think it might depend where you are with receiving the updates, too. I'm in Australia and my Nexus 5 still runs KitKat 4.4.3. I figure 4.4.4 was maybe to overcome a bug that is country-specific; its release seemed to follow 4.4.3 very quickly.

Having read so many forum posts with the theme "My [insert any brand here] phone runs worse after the latest Android update" this doesn't fuss me too much, except I hope I'm not delayed when Android L is released in a few months time as it has a few features I'd like on my Nexus. And no, I have no intention of installing a beta release to get it now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2