Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default samsung galaxy s2 files saved to sd card but there is no sd card?

i have a samsung galaxy s2 and i have recordings on my voice recorder i connected the phone to my laptop and could not locate the voice recording files, its not under sounds, music, dcmi.....
    i went into the voice recorder and pressed details it said it was saved on my sd card but i dont have a sd card in my phone.

i just want to locate the voice recordings and save the to my lap top please help...
    thnx

Default Re: samsung galaxy s2 files saved to sd card but there is no sd card?

It sounds like you may, but if you do you would have tried this already, so maybe not. The easiest thing to do is get a file manager from Google Play, I like Astro but there are plenty of others, and use it to locate the file on your device. Astro offers a lot of nice search tools including, search by type. So even if you don't know the name of the file you should be able to locate it by type. It also shows you the file path so you can then use that info to locate it from your laptop. My guess is there is a folder between Sounds and Music named SDCard.

As for why you may not be able to find them in the first place... I'm guessing that the S2 is like most other devices with built in memory and a portion of the memory is sectioned off as SD memory, even though you don't have an SD card in place. I believe on my last device to have an SD slot when connected to a PC I had three drives show up under My Computer. Obviously one was the actual card, one the vertual card, and one the internal memory which is different from the device memory where your APKs reside.

Anyway get a file manager and you should be set.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Default Re: samsung galaxy s2 files saved to sd card but there is no sd card?

Hello. I keep an S2 and record a particular radio show. I don't have it right now, but I think they are in a built in app called My Downloads or Downloads. It should be on the Samsung or Galaxy icon folder/tray. You can start playback direct from there. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Exaggerating since 756 BC

Take Note: I'm a Stickler for Detial