water damage galaxy s4 wont pass boot screen.
my galaxy s4 fell in water. it will turn on, but stays on the galaxy s4 screen, and when plunged into the wall. it only displays the battery simbol. any suggestions on how to fix it?
- 07-24-2014, 02:58 PM #2
- 07-24-2014, 11:01 PM #3
- 114 Posts
Re: water damage galaxy s4 wont pass boot screen.
If it helps, My phone went through a full dual wash cycle in the washing machine and this included two cycles of spin. It showed no life at all. I removed the battery and sim card. The phone went into a paper bag (not plastic) with dry oatmeal. Quick oats work best I hear.
After about a week, it actually came back to life although all memory and settings were lost.
The screen looked severely affected but I then saw that I had not removed the protective film from the original packaging. Removed it and everything was good.
If you can go a week, I believe it is recoverable.
- By Redx in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 04-30-2015, 08:34 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-04-2014, 10:35 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-27-2014, 01:35 PM
- By Laylah Leon in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-24-2014, 04:23 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-24-2014, 04:22 PM