Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Neeraj2408
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Official software upgrade - probably bricked my galaxy grand :'(

Hi all

I got notification of the latest software upgrade available for my device. I downloaded it and installed it. The installation process was shown to have reached 100% and then the phone screen went black and then did not turn back up. When I connect the phone to charger, I do not see any battery charging icon

I had my phone connected to the power outlet while I was upgrading? Is my phone bricked? Any way I can resolve this issue? My phone is out of warranty Never rooted it

Default Re: Official software upgrade - probably bricked my galaxy grand :'(

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried a battery pull? Pressing the Power button down for about 10-15 seconds?

Try booting into Recovery Mode according to the steps in this video. If you're able to get to the Recovery Menu, select Wipe Cache Partition rather than Wipe Data/Factory Reset.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the response. But as I said, I do not see anything on my phone, not even the battery charging icon.
    I am unable to go to recovery mod either

Press and hold the power button for at least five seconds. Does that do anything?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

No. It doesn't do anything at all..

Strange. You might consider trying a new battery. Who knows, maybe things heated up during the update to the point that the battery failed. You can do a quick test of the current battery by removing it, laying it flat on a table, and trying to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is a bad sign.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

It doesn't spin. Is the phone hard bricked?
    Why will that happen with a official software update. I am all concerned as the phone is out of warranty too

I installed the new update 2 days ago to my moto g..and I've been having problems ever since..all my apps started bugging out..reset my phone ..installed new apps..same thing bugged out again....

Kind of thinking there new update is bad? Before I updated everything was perfectly fine.. Anyone else have problems w new update?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I took my phone to the Samsung Service Center and they suspected a problem with the motherboard and replaced it
    B. Diddy likes this.

Great--hopefully no more problems!