unwanted photos dwnloaded S4

A

AC Question

every couple of days I receive the same two images downloaded to my gallery from campaignIcon. Anyone have a similar issue? How do I block? How does it get by Lookout Security?
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure they're downloaded from the web? Could they be images associated with an app that you installed, that are inadvertently included in the Gallery? If an app has images stored in a folder that it uses for its various screens (like, for example, icons for buttons), then those images will show up in your Gallery app, since the system's Media Scanner scans all folders for any images to place in there. To get rid of them, you can find the folder that the app uses and add a blank file titled ".nomedia", which instructs the Media Scanner to ignore that folder. You can use most file manager apps (like ES File Explorer) to create this blank file.

Sentient 6

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I am curious about where this folder came from as well. I haven't installed any new apps since long before the latest GS3 Android update. A folder named 'campaignicons' has shown up in my files and it contains 2 low res images. Checking the folder details gives no clues as to where the folder came from and deleting it is fruitless because it just comes back.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting the same thing on the Moto X. I can't locate anything on the web about it other than others with the same question. No root cause that I can find yet.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I found two apps that MIGHT be the cause are "Table Top Racing " and "UberSync for Facebook." Airpush Detector points to both of them as having Ad framework: Applovin' included.

Sentient 6

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Now I'm even more confused as to where it came from. I haven't installed either of those apps. I'm beginning to think it is tied to the OS update I received on my GS3 a few weeks ago but since I'm not adept at programming I can't dive into the Android OS code and find out.

pntbll1313

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I have the same 2 images in campaignIcons on my Galaxy S4 as well. I have neither of those 2 programs. I think they appeared about a month ago but I haven't had an OTA push to update anything in a few months. I finally just removed them from displaying in my gallery because deleting them only removes them for a couple days then they are back. I have no idea what app is doing this.

JackieOLantern

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting the exact same thing! One pictures is of an "i" and the other of a lightning bolt! I believe it started after I installed a texting program called Kik. I have reformatted my phone and went back to factory on it and it is STILL downloading to my phone! If anyone has a suggestion...I would be very grateful! Thanks! =)

Mr Tripod

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I agree - The files are related to the WeatherBug app.

Directory is typically: \Phone\campaignIcons\
The files are typically named:

* know0.png (image appears to be a lower-case "i")
* know1.png (image appears to be a lightening bolt which precisely matches the app's SPARK feature).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca