Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Oh boy, Black screen?

So, this is the same tablet from my first thread, and suddenly the screen will go black. It puts off light a little bit, not like when you lock your phone it goes completely black. It usually happens when messages pop up or a notification comes in. I have to tap the power button and lock it, then unlock it. Sometimes the screen turns green/black when coming back on from being locked. Its a dell venue 7, and, of course, powered by Android. Anything I can do to fix this? It's quite annoying.

Default Re: Oh boy, Black screen?

I forget, were you able to boot into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition before? I saw that you were able to get to Recovery and do a full reset, but if you can wipe the cache partition instead, give that a try. That won't erase your personal data, and might correct various software glitches. It may just be that your device is a dud, though, so start thinking about calling Dell to ask about warranty service.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Oh boy, Black screen?

Yes, before I could wipe the cache but it done nothing before. It only does this every once in awhile, so I'll try it.