Sorting Order on Android. 1, 10, 11, 2, 3, etc...
Why is the sorting order on android like this?
1, 10, 11, 2, 3, 4 ...
the only way to correct this for files/pictures to be displayed in the correct order is to add a 0 in front of all non 0 numbers?
so 01, 02, 03, 04, 10, 11... is the only way to fix this? Is there any way to change this sorting in android? or some program to easily alter the filenames to add the 0's wherever needed?
All my photos, (thousands) are named without the 0, it would be very hard to change them all. And it sucks looking at all the pictures out of order because of the stupid way android is sorting them.
- 07-25-2014, 05:21 AM #2
- 3,095 Posts
Re: Sorting Order on Android. 1, 10, 11, 2, 3, etc...
It's really not stupid; that is the standard sort order for alphanumeric text. And you'd have to add a lot more than one zero; figure out your largest likely number and add enough zeroes to accommodate it. For example, 00001 through 99999.
I'm not saying it's a proper solution, but you may want to take a look at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...chofs.eagleeye
It has all manner of sorting options, some of which are quite awesome.
- By codyoehl in forum IntroductionsReplies: 17Last Post: 08-14-2014, 03:22 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-13-2014, 07:35 PM
- By mcwuppy in forum LG G3Replies: 7Last Post: 07-27-2014, 11:19 AM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-25-2014, 04:25 AM
- By Joji Jose in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 0Last Post: 07-24-2014, 11:15 PM