Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default SMS/MMS Question

Why are the pictures that I'm receiving not in the same thread(conversation) as the person texting? Everytime I get a picture it goes into a separate thread with the same number of the person I'm texting. It's kind of annoying me, like an OCD thing... Creating double threads of one contact in the phone... Is this a new feature for newer android OS's? Cuz my old LG Motion 4G did not do this. If someone sends me a picture I just want it to be in the same chat/thread as the person I'm texting.

Default Re: SMS/MMS Question

Try clearing your message folders inbox folder and outbox folder. Clear old MMS and clear old smses the ones you wouldn't need in the future, then switch off your device, let it cool down for a moment and power it on afresh. There might also be a possibility one contact had more than two numbers assigned to it, so just try and check your contacts too to make sure no different contacts are mixed in another.