Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Photos are have grayed out

Any ideas of what may have occurred and how to repairs photos that were taken on my S4 Mini, some of them are now half grayed out and 1 has a red overlay and is all dis-configured, how ever looks fine in a small thumb nail version.
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Default Re: Photos are have grayed out

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Any ideas of what may have occurred and how to repairs photos that were taken on my S4 Mini, some of them are now half grayed out and 1 has a red overlay and is all dis-configured, how ever looks fine in a small thumb nail version.
    Sounds like those pictures have (partly) disappeared/been removed/deleted from your device, while their thumbnails have not (yet). If those picture files are not (complete) on your device anymore they can't be properly reproduced on the screen anymore, obviously.

If you have your device create frequent backups you can restore disappeared pictures. I auto-upload (a.k.a. 'sync', a.k.a. backup) every picture I take with/to Dropbox as soon as it was shot, so I always have backups without having to do anything for it. Added benefit: you can delete all pictures from your phone as soon as they have been auto-uploaded to your Dropbox and re-use all that storage space in your phone again and again!
    Of course your Dropbox needs to have sufficient storage space available. Mine has 60 GB, enough for thousands and thousands of hi-res photos.