HTC One M8 in call issue

A

AC Question

Hi, just switched to the HTC One M8 from iphone and really liking it so far but a couple of things are odd. I am sure there is an easy fix but can't find. For some reason while I am on a call, my ear keeps opening apps and removing my clock widget from home screen. I also, keep getting a notification vibrate when these things happen. How can i stop this? thanks!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ensure within the phone settings that you have the proximity sensor turned on so the screen shuts off while you're on a call.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Allow me to step in...although I don't actually know the answer. But go to Settings, and look in Sound, Display or Accessibility. It must be in there somewhere.

Posted via Android Central App

kakusan

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Yea, just got off the phone with HTC support. He said probably i am not covering the sensor totally when talking, only proximity sensor in menu tree is under the talk back but that is for the blind function (don't turn it on) he had me turn off motion gestures for a day to see if it continues to happen. If so I guess I have to hold phone more against my head when talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech