Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default HTC One M8 in call issue

Hi, just switched to the HTC One M8 from iphone and really liking it so far but a couple of things are odd. I am sure there is an easy fix but can't find. For some reason while I am on a call, my ear keeps opening apps and removing my clock widget from home screen. I also, keep getting a notification vibrate when these things happen. How can i stop this? thanks!

Default Re: HTC One M8 in call issue

Ensure within the phone settings that you have the proximity sensor turned on so the screen shuts off while you're on a call.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.

Thanks amazes me how helpful everyone is on this forum. I am hunting but can't seem to find the proximity sensor?

Allow me to step in...although I don't actually know the answer. But go to Settings, and look in Sound, Display or Accessibility. It must be in there somewhere.

Posted via Android Central App

Yea, just got off the phone with HTC support. He said probably i am not covering the sensor totally when talking, only proximity sensor in menu tree is under the talk back but that is for the blind function (don't turn it on) he had me turn off motion gestures for a day to see if it continues to happen. If so I guess I have to hold phone more against my head when talking.
    Thanked by: