Help! System UI isn't there!

A

AC Question

So yesterday I felt like downloading a new launcher so I got the Google Now launcher off a video on youtube --> (since this is my first post i cant put a url so ill give you the exact title for you to look up-->How To Install Official 4.4 Kit Kat Launcher On Any Android Device 4.1+, Its by DroidModderX Root Master) And in this video he says to update google search witht the files he provides. I did and right after that my phone began crashing alot and whenever I would touch the onscreen task manager icons (the 2 squares on top of eachother) It would give me an error like system ui has stopped than my notifications and home button thing went away but eventually came back a minute later. My background picture turned black too. So i thought I was smart so I decided to do a factory reset (I have a Kyocera Hydro Elite running android 4.1.2 rooted). When my phone turned on after being reset there was no notification or status bar or anything. Just the lockscreen. Please help!!!! I need this phone fixed

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So yesterday I felt like downloading a new launcher so I got the Google Now launcher off a video on youtube --> (since this is my first post i cant put a url so ill give you the exact title for you to look up-->How To Install Official 4.4 Kit Kat Launcher On Any Android Device 4.1+, Its by DroidModderX Root Master) And in this video he says to update google search witht the files he provides. I did and right after that my phone began crashing alot and whenever I would touch the onscreen task manager icons (the 2 squares on top of eachother) It would give me an error like system ui has stopped than my notifications and home button thing went away but eventually came back a minute later. My background picture turned black too. So i thought I was smart so I decided to do a factory reset (I have a Kyocera Hydro Elite running android 4.1.2 rooted). When my phone turned on after being reset there was no notification or status bar or anything. Just the lockscreen. Please help!!!! I need this phone fixed

Factory reset only resets your personal user data.... to install that launcher, you probably fussed around with the system stuff and now it's all twisted sideways. Did you by chance do a full backup before you modified your files? If so, you'll have to load that backup. If not, the option you are probably stuck with is trying to find out how to load the full factory image from your phone.... which wipes EVERYTHING off the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC