I have an S4. I frequently get TEXTS from a work EMAIL address. I have a separate notification sound for this contact. I have set the "message alert" to my desired sound for this contact, however it never works. I tested it out with a friends email too and it seems that when receiving a TEXT from an EMAIL address the sound is the one the chosen on the "sound settings" menu. If I change that one then it changes all of my sounds, which I don't want to do
Anyone know how to change the sound when receiving a TEXT from an EMAIL???
- 03-31-2015, 01:42 AM #2
Re: Sound problem
I don't think that's possible. You can specify the notification tone for emails arriving to a certain account, and you can specify the ringtone for calls and messages from specific contacts. But I don't think you can specify a notification tone for a text that is sent from an email account.
- By Brian9999 in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 14Last Post: 06-30-2016, 07:33 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-07-2014, 01:09 AM
- By glove4 in forum Moto E (2014)Replies: 1Last Post: 08-27-2014, 03:26 PM
- By madisunnyd in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 07-26-2014, 08:16 AM
- By Liz in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-25-2014, 02:15 PM