SD Card, what are these files????

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
i have a Samsung S5 and i only have my music(.mp3)files, photo (.jpeg)files, and my videos(.mp4)files saved to it..Although I have a **** load of files that look like 2 white sheets of paper with a series of numbers after them. If I click on the files it say, "No apps can perform this action.". what are these files and can they be safely deleted???

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea how big they are? , i canT open them at all.. I dont have any apps on my sd card so why would they be log files of apps? Like i said, i only have photos,videos, and music on my sd card
i wouldn't delete them. They're probably log files of some sort for various apps that can utilize the external sd card. Are they big files?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I have no idea how big they are? , i canT open them at all.. I dont have any apps on my sd card so why would they be log files of apps? Like i said, i only have photos,videos, and music on my sd card

Apps are able to write to the SD card storage, though they should be restricted to a directory that is built during app installation, and generally apps will use internal storage over SD storage.

We would need to know more about the files in question...

1. the description of "two white sheets of paper" refers to an icon for the file that would be generated by a file explorer (I'm assuming). It sounds like a generic file icon, but it may help to know what file explorer you're using to view these files.

2. Are the files on the root of the SD card, or are they in a folder(s)?

3. Do the files have extensions at the end of the file name? (i.e. ".log" or ".txt" or ".doc")

4. To see the file sizes, if you're using a file explorer in Android, generally you hold down on a file you can choose "properties" to see additional info, including the size of the file.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Plug the phone into your computer. Open up the file manager and look for the SD card. See if you are able to find those files and let us know under what directory/folder they are in.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I ended up just deleting them, everything appears to still be working fine..no hiccups in music,photos,videos , or apps.

I was viewing them with the "MY FILES" app and then choosing SD CARD.

These files were not in any folders, just sitting on the SD CARD.

They did not have any extensions at end of file name.

Apps are able to write to the SD card storage, though they should be restricted to a directory that is built during app installation, and generally apps will use internal storage over SD storage.

We would need to know more about the files in question...

1. the description of "two white sheets of paper" refers to an icon for the file that would be generated by a file explorer (I'm assuming). It sounds like a generic file icon, but it may help to know what file explorer you're using to view these files.

2. Are the files on the root of the SD card, or are they in a folder(s)?

3. Do the files have extensions at the end of the file name? (i.e. ".log" or ".txt" or ".doc")

4. To see the file sizes, if you're using a file explorer in Android, generally you hold down on a file you can choose "properties" to see additional info, including the size of the file.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance