LG G2 Acting up
My phone has been acting up for months now. It has been slow to the point of annoyance and I cannot have more than a few programs running at the same time or else it freaks out. I never had this problem when I first got the phone but six months later and it's acting up to the point where it barely functions. Mainly the texting app is malfunctioning. Many times it closes on its on, stops working, won't let me use my key board etc. I don't know what's wrong with it. Perhaps I have too many apps/pictures/files on it or maybe I downloaded a virus by accident? Help or advice would be much appreciated.
- 07-25-2014, 10:09 PM #2
Re: LG G2 Acting up
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps temporarily: Reset: LG G2 | T-Mobile Support. If it's still sluggish, then there's something wrong with the system. If it acts normally, then some app (or combination of apps) that you installed is causing problems. It can be difficult to pinpoint which one, though.
Unfortunately, you can't wipe the system cache partition on the G2 unless you root and install a custom recovery. You could clear all app caches, though, which might speed things up a bit. If you have tons of saved text messages, that's another potential target--delete as many text threads as you can.
- By ajonesma in forum LG G3Replies: 25Last Post: 09-04-2014, 08:50 AM
- By beezlebubz in forum LG G3Replies: 10Last Post: 07-30-2014, 11:25 AM
- By matt3166 in forum LG G3Replies: 2Last Post: 07-26-2014, 08:44 AM
- By Antonio DiStefano in forum LG G2Replies: 0Last Post: 07-25-2014, 07:39 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-25-2014, 07:08 PM