Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Angry soft bricked my Galaxy S3 model sgh-1747m locked to telus

ok so the other night I was trying to unlock my galaxy and my friend had this brilliant idea of rooting my phone and then unlocking it. why I agreed to this I do not know. now my galaxy wont boot up it freezes on the Samsung Galaxy S3 screen. I have tried to find information about how to fix this or reverse this but I don't even know what he actually did. he said he was opening the chainfire 3D driver in the chainfire app from google play when it happened. any thoughts on how to fix this error? or restore it back to factory? oh yeah and when I tried to press the volume up button+the home button+power button simultaneously I still am unable to get it to the factory reset. please help I have only one phone, no home phone. my galaxy has to work again!!

Global Posts
    22,237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: soft bricked my Galaxy S3 model sgh-1747m locked to telus

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    ok so the other night I was trying to unlock my galaxy and my friend had this brilliant idea of rooting my phone and then unlocking it. why I agreed to this I do not know. now my galaxy wont boot up it freezes on the Samsung Galaxy S3 screen. I have tried to find information about how to fix this or reverse this but I don't even know what he actually did. he said he was opening the chainfire 3D driver in the chainfire app from google play when it happened. any thoughts on how to fix this error? or restore it back to factory? oh yeah and when I tried to press the volume up button+the home button+power button simultaneously I still am unable to get it to the factory reset. please help I have only one phone, no home phone. my galaxy has to work again!!
    You might have to reflash a stock ROM with Odin.
    ROM files can be found on Sammobile, or samsung updates .com.
    Here is a guide for Odin: [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

I have never used Odin like this to fix your exact issue. Be advised: I am not sure if this will work.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here