Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung Note 8

Does anyone know of a way to permanently disable the wifi, Bluetooth on the Samsung Note 8 ? Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    20,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Samsung Note 8

You would at least need root access. Along with an app called Titanium Backup to freeze them.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    4,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

I just want to add another idea to this. If you have root access, you can use Comodo Mobile Security from the Play Store. It has a built in firewall that can block internet access to basically anything if needed.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Thanks for the ideas. I really want to remove the chip for Wi-Fi or shield the antenna so that the device works but will not connect. Sorry for the strange request. Anyone have a drawing of the main board ?

Global Posts
    4,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by bowespeterj View Post
    Thanks for the ideas. I really want to remove the chip for Wi-Fi or shield the antenna so that the device works but will not connect. Sorry for the strange request. Anyone have a drawing of the main board ?
    Here is a motherboard for the Note 8 just so you can see.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy...-/141123891061

Just know that altering the device software or hardware wise will void the warranty of the device.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!