Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 Neutered!

I had a cellphone repair place replace my screen since it had been shattered for about a month.. the phone worked perfectly though.

Now, though it opens aps and runs programs just as quickly, it has trouble using the internet through lte (wireless appears to be fine) and i am having issues with phone calls.. the phone wont send calls when i tell it to (it goes to the calling screen but no ringing.. so i have to hang up and no call is received by the other person) and during calls it appears that the other person cant hear me when i speak to them quite often.

Tampering?? The phone had none of these issues before the repair.. so what's up?

I also noticed that, along with the screen, the front part of the body of my phone had been replaced since there was still protective plastic wrap along the sides by the speakers, volume buttons and on/off button.

Thanks for any thoughts you can share!

Global Posts
    19,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Nexus 5 Neutered!

Often, when replacing things like the screen, other components get damaged (ex. connectors, ribbons, etc.). This might be the case here.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Nexus 5 Neutered!

Aw man.. well i guess ill have to see about getting another repair? ..or a new nexus5 :/