Insufficient disk space + *#9900# problem

A

AC Question

Whenever I try to download an app that is more then 10MB it keeps showing me the error : There is insufficiant disk space.. But I checked and there is still plenty of space left. I even have 8gb SD card in my phone. I tried to clear catche, clear data from the Google Play store, but that didn't fixed any thing.

ALSO: I tried to diall *#9900# but I don't get the right hidden menu. The only thing that I get is: Debug Utils and MTKLogger.

Is it possible to get rid of this problem in Samung Galaxy S4 copy?

ugneek

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Can you show a screenshot of your storage stats?

Sure. SD card was formated before taking screenshots.

Also, I have installed only three apps (Birthdays and Espier Screen Locker and Orai (weather)) that can't be removed to SD card and other apps are system apps (were uploaded by the creators and can't be removed unless the phone is rooted. MY PHONE IS NOT ROOTED
Screenshot_2014-07-26-23-13-01.png
Screenshot_2014-07-26-23-13-18.png
Screenshot_2014-07-26-23-14-03.png

+*#9900# hidden menu:
Screenshot_2014-07-26-23-15-25.png

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sure. SD card was formated before taking screenshots.

Also, I have installed only three apps (Birthdays and Espier Screen Locker and Orai (weather)) that can't be removed to SD card and other apps are system apps (were uploaded by the creators and can't be removed unless the phone is rooted. MY PHONE IS NOT ROOTED

+*#9900# hidden menu:

I would try this: With apps that were preloaded that you don't use, you can disable and uninstall the updates. After they are disabled, you can clear the data from them, and see how much room you get.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ng-apps-galaxy-s3-tab-2-no-root-required.html
Even though the title is for Samsung products, the steps are the same.

ugneek

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I formated the SD card and factory reseted my phone. So far so good. Thank you for you effort and tips!!

UPDATE: To try out I installed Pou(~17MB) and Geometry Dash Lite(~24MB), but once I tried to install Retrica, I got the Insufficiant disk space error :(

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I formated the SD card and factory reseted my phone. So far so good. Thank you for you effort and tips!!

UPDATE: To try out I installed Pou(~17MB) and Geometry Dash Lite(~24MB), but once I tried to install Retrica, I got the Insufficiant disk space error :(

Ok. Let's start over: Reset again, and take a screenshot of your storage stats, please.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Here are the stats after the factory reset:

but after those two apps that I mentioned (Pou and Geometry Dash) The Internal Storage ''Available'' numbers go to minus (-) (ex.:-8.80291B)

Ok, the OS is taking up roughly half of your internal storage. The bigger issue is either the apps you are trying to load are poorly reporting their memory to the OS, or they are larger games (I am not inclined to agree with that).
If you were to load a completely different app, does it act the same way?

ugneek

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok, the OS is taking up roughly half of your internal storage. The bigger issue is either the apps you are trying to load are poorly reporting their memory to the OS, or they are larger games (I am not inclined to agree with that).
If you were to load a completely different app, does it act the same way?

I tried to intall Instagram and here are the changes in Internal Storage:
Screenshot_2014-07-26-18-58-30.png

It changed from 8.89GB to 5.80GB after installing Instagram.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering if there is an error in reporting storage from the OS. I don't think there is any way Instagram would take up 3 GB...

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Mimi KatanaSho

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
What should I chose after from the list to free space after dialing *#9900# ??? But I don't want to delete any pictures or apps ?! Coz it keeps telling me insufficient space though I don't have a lot of apps and i keep deleting pictures and files can you help me solving the problem

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
but after those two apps that I mentioned (Pou and Geometry Dash) The Internal Storage ''Available'' numbers go to minus (-) (ex.:-8.80291B)
That means that the phone has a LOT less than 16GB of storage, but it's programmed to say it has 16GB. That's what happens with a lot of those "copies" - they look like the phone they're a copy of, the screens look the same, but what's inside is totally different (and less).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
What should I chose after from the list to free space after dialing *#9900# ??? But I don't want to delete any pictures or apps ?! Coz it keeps telling me insufficient space though I don't have a lot of apps and i keep deleting pictures and files can you help me solving the problem
What phone? And is it a real one or a copy of a real one?

christofercooldabc

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Junk files are the auto generated files and if we not timely remove these files, these files consume most of the disk space and insufficient space error comes. So we should remove these file and Krojam Cleaner is the best way to do this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo