Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Can't power Droid Ultra on

Tried to turn my phone on this morning, it wouldn't turn on. Didn't think the battery was dead but put it on charger for a couple hours. When I tried again to turn it on, the Motorola sign comes on, then it shows the green robot laying on it's side with a red triangle with an "!" in it?????

Default Re: Can't power Droid Ultra on

Welcome to Android Central! When you see that screen, try pressing and holding Volume Up, and then press the Power button, then release both, as described in this article: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...,8697/kw/cache.

If this gets you to the Recovery Menu, select Wipe Cache Partition, then Reboot System Now.

I tried that, got to the 'Wipe Cache Partition' option and it says to hit the 'enter' button. I tried every button but it just goes back to the robot laying on his back. Thanks.

When you highlight Wipe Cache Partition, press the Power button to execute. You should see the progress at the bottom of the screen. When complete, use the Volume buttons to highlight Reboot System Now, and press Power again to execute.

I did try that before, just tried it a couple more times, when I hit the Volume button, an upright robot briefly flashes on the screen and then it goes blank - then back to the robot on his back.

Update - thanks for the help - a new phone is on the way.