Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Not a common problem, Hope someone can help...

I know this isn't a common problem but, here's the thing.. I have this Samsung Galaxy S4 and I was planning to replace my LCD digitizer myself coz my phone's glass was cracked but I can still use my phone properly .. Out of curiosity, I started disassembling my phone even before my new lcd digitizer got delivered, after that.. I assembled it back together. When I turn my phone back on, It was working properly.. then, after 5 or 10 mins. the touch pointer was freezing.. It's just the touch screen was not working. The home button,volume button and the power button seems to work fine. Then, I replaced my LCD successfully due to thinking that my old LCD has got to do with the problem.. After turning my phone back on, it seems to work fine. BUT after 5-10 mins, I was having the same problem again until now.. Hoping someone help me please . Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Not a common problem, Hope someone can help...

Have you entered recovery mode and wiped the system cache partition? I'm not saying it would work, but it may be worth trying.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yep already done that 4 times. Still wont work..
    Thanks for replying though.

The first thing I'll say is, take the first word of your avatar box, add a few exclamation marks, and say it very loud.
    The second thing...Welcome to the Forums!
    The third thing...It must be something you did when you fitted the display. Or at least so you'd think. It may just be something coincident that's not obvious, not the display at all. Have you tried booting into Safe Mode to see whether a bad app is causing it? I just bet it isn't but I'm as baffled as you are?
    Battery and SIM okay? National Grid okay?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I tried booting it into safe mode, but it's still the same.. and yeah the battery and sim seems okay. umm can i ask what is "national grid"?

thanks..

I'm sorry, it was a joke, I'm in the UK....the National Grid is the network of electrical power supply.

...It looks like you might have done some damage when fitting the display, but I'm sorry, I can't think what.

Global Posts
    4,299 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Check the LCD cable for the display to see if it is connected all the way.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Already done that. still the same..

I think it's most likely you damaged something or attached a connector wrongly when fitting the display. Could you have damaged the processor even, or a connection to it? Or the battery connection? Could you try another battery? Does the problem occur when you use your device while charging?

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I tried another battery and still have the problem.. and yep even it's charging.. If I damage it, how do I fix it?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

..and 1 more thing, the touch pointer freezes until the screen timeout.. when I turn on the screen again it's fine for 1-2 mins..

Would you be prepared to start all over again by doing a factory reset? I somehow doubt it would work and of course you would lose everything not backed up, but I can't think what else to suggest.