I have an LG G2 that I play a lot of games on. Basically that's all I use my phone for. So my question is: (1) is it alright to play games while charging? (2) is it alright to play games when battery indicates full charge while still on charger?

Posted via Android Central App
    07-26-2014 02:32 PM
    Well, I'm not an expert but I've read that using your phone while charging is okay. I use while charging, though not for games. They're obviously processor-intensive....do you find your device gets hot?

07-26-2014 03:17 PM
    ...I also use when charged. It stops charging when full and tops up at intervals as you use. I've never had any problems.

07-26-2014 03:20 PM
    It gets hot if I leave it in its case, but now I just remove it from the case when I use it extensively. Other than that, I find myself charging it multiple times a day, and I was becoming concerned that I could be putting too much stress on my battery. But I only use it that much on my days off. And I always wait till around 20% - 15% to charge it. But that's why I was wondering about playing when the charge is full while still on the charger.

07-26-2014 04:24 PM
    As I text this on my N5 it's plugged in and I now see fully charged. But there's a big difference between texting and gaming. You're making heavy demands on the processor which is what I would be concerned about in your position, rather than the battery which after all could be replaced. On the other hand the G2 is a mighty well specified device capable of fielding whatever you throw at the processor and it's my guess you'll be okay.

07-26-2014 05:31 PM
    Well that's a relief! Thanks for the info. I'll make sure to keep my phone from getting too hot. Which shouldn't be too hard. I've had this phone for only a month and now it's time to see what it can do! Thanks again, Belodion!

belodion likes this.
    07-26-2014 07:34 PM