Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jynx Quinn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Playing while charging?

I have an LG G2 that I play a lot of games on. Basically that's all I use my phone for. So my question is: (1) is it alright to play games while charging? (2) is it alright to play games when battery indicates full charge while still on charger?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Playing while charging?

Well, I'm not an expert but I've read that using your phone while charging is okay. I use while charging, though not for games. They're obviously processor-intensive....do you find your device gets hot?

...I also use when charged. It stops charging when full and tops up at intervals as you use. I've never had any problems.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It gets hot if I leave it in its case, but now I just remove it from the case when I use it extensively. Other than that, I find myself charging it multiple times a day, and I was becoming concerned that I could be putting too much stress on my battery. But I only use it that much on my days off. And I always wait till around 20% - 15% to charge it. But that's why I was wondering about playing when the charge is full while still on the charger.

As I text this on my N5 it's plugged in and I now see fully charged. But there's a big difference between texting and gaming. You're making heavy demands on the processor which is what I would be concerned about in your position, rather than the battery which after all could be replaced. On the other hand the G2 is a mighty well specified device capable of fielding whatever you throw at the processor and it's my guess you'll be okay.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well that's a relief! Thanks for the info. I'll make sure to keep my phone from getting too hot. Which shouldn't be too hard. I've had this phone for only a month and now it's time to see what it can do! Thanks again, Belodion!

belodion likes this.