Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Lightbulb Galaxy s3 i9300 screen not coming on but power comes on after dropped

Yes, Ive had my galaxy only 3 months when the plug to charge the phone became faulty, then eventually stopped charging the phone altogether. I took it into a local cell phone repair shop. They were unable to fix the issue & when I picked the phone up, out in the parking lot, I dropped it in one of those, " made it worst trying not to drop it" ways. Anyhow, the phone will power on now but the screen remains black except when it first powers on, for a split second the samsung galaxy s111 logo flashes on. I can tell the power is on because the menu and back buttons light up and the blue light on top lights up. U can also hear the Virgin mobile power up sound and the phone vibrates briefly when u turn the power on. I had given up on trying to fix the issue, but what troubles me is that if the screen flashes anything what so ever, then that pretty much rules out the first assumption that I broke the lcd right? Any adviced please?

Default Re: Galaxy s3 i9300 screen not coming on but power comes on after dropped

hi, i just registered, this question is mine.. chula77otono. any help would be appreciated
    . I noticed that if i hold the power button down, other screens will flash on to.