Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Phone won't turn on. Nexus 4

Hi, I have a Nexus 4. I bought it refurbished so it isn't under Google warranty.
    Now, a while back it had the red light issue. I opened it up and saw that my battery was a bit swollen and smelled acidic. I then bought a new battery and it worked fine with no red light. Until I had to charge it. I charged it up to 60% and then let it sit overnight off the charger. In the morning I charged it up to about 50%. About half an hour after I took it off the charger it started to overheat. It was so hot that it I could feel it through the cloth of my purse. After that I tried to charge it and the red light came back. I checked back into my phone and saw a bit of damage on the charging port flex cable. I bought a new one and replaced it. There is no red light, but it is not turning on after hours of charging. I have tried numerous button and time combinations and nothing.
    There are no lights, no charging indicator on the screen, nothing at all.
    Is there anything I can do?
    I don't want to buy a new phone. Parts I am okay with.

Default Re: Phone won't turn on. Nexus 4

If you're sure that the battery has a good connection, and holds a charge, and that it is not possible to boot into recovery mode or any other mode, then I guess your device needs the attentions of a repairer.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Okay, that was another thing I was hoping to avoid. But if there are no other solutions I'll do that.

I hope that there are other solutions but I can't think what. Other members may know of something...

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by: