Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Missing some contact information and google keep notes from after feb 2014

I noticed yesterday that many of my contacts were missing some information, such as numbers and addresses. The data missing was seemingly random. It is also missing from my google contacts/gmail account with which it was sync'd. Some of the intact contacts are syncd to a "synctest40@gmail.com" which I have never heard of. Also, all of my google keep notes are missing from febraury on to today. Probably hundreds of notes just gone. These were syncd to the same email address. They are not in the archive or deleted folders.

Making things worse, i just had surgery on my left arm, so all troubleshooting and typing is with one hand. So frustrated. Help!

I'm a writer, so those keep notes are very important to me. Far more than the contacts.

Default Re: Missing some contact information and google keep notes from after feb 2014

Welcome to Android Central! What a frustrating situation. Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and make sure all of the appropriate Google apps are checked. Perhaps the Contacts and Keep somehow became unchecked.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Missing some contact information and google keep notes from after feb 2014

I did, they are all active and syncing

Do you recall reactivating an old device with your Google account around that time? I had a similar thing happen to me when I switched from my old Razr Maxx to my Nexus 5. I did a factory reset of my Razr Maxx and then logged back in with my Google account. Soon afterwards, I noticed that my Google Contact Groups were not up to date--it seemed like they were from some time before I switched to the Nexus 5. I know it's not supposed to happen, but it almost seemed like my Contacts were overwritten by an old set of data. It was probably something I did totally wrong, but I will still keep it mind next time I have to do it again.

EDIT: I only just now read the part about "synctest40@gmail.com." That's very weird. It might be worth contacting Google about this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Nope, this is my one and only Android device ever. It is a RAZR MAXX, though.

Do you by chance have a quick and proven way to contact Google? I don't have the hands to easily trudge through the support maze to find actual contact info.

Try opening People, then Menu, then Help. On the site that comes up in the browser, tap on Contact Us at the upper right. It'll ask you which of a limited list of devices you have (which doesn't include the Razr Maxx)--just select any. On the next screen, tap on Request a Call.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    Thanked by: