Headphone works but mic doesn't

A

AC Question

I just got my new HTC one M8.

I have a little problem. The phone works great and I used HTC One before so I'm used to it.

The problem is when I plug my headphone, the phone recognizes it and I can listen clearly through it, but the mic doesn't work.
I can't talk to people using the headphone on only this device.

I used the same headphone on different phones and it works perfectly.

Is there a problem in the phone itself? or there is a way to fix it?

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Headphone jacks may be configured differently between platforms or manufacturers. What other phones did those headphones work on in the past?

dashtimm

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
It works perfectly on iPhone 4 and 5.
Also, it worked before on my HTC one M7, but not with HTC One M8.
I dont have the M7 now to try it.

BTW, I'm using the HTC one headphones that come with the device itself.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So these are the headphones that came with your current HTC One M8, or the previous One M7? I'm a little confused, since you said it worked before on your M7, although they came with your M8.

Make sure the headphone jack is clean. Use a damp toothpick to root around, or blow it out with a can of compressed air.

note3owner

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
So these are the headphones that came with your current HTC One M8, or the previous One M7? I'm a little confused, since you said it worked before on your M7, although they came with your M8.

Make sure the headphone jack is clean. Use a damp toothpick to root around, or blow it out with a can of compressed air.

I think he meant he was using the headset that came with the m7 lol

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I suggest bringing the phone back to where you bought it. Demonstrate to them the mic problem. Hopefully they can just replace your phone, since it's pretty new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith