Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which phone should I buy?

I am going to buy a new Android soon, and I am in between HTC One (M7) and Google Nexus 5... I can get them for about the same price. I really like the metal design of the One, and quite the many of it's features, but the Nexus seems like more future proof, and with higher end hardware. Can some users write their experiences with these 2 phones? Which one would you buy?

Default Re: Which phone should I buy?

I have a Nexus 5, and love it. Great hardware, the most future-proof you can get (as you mentioned), smooth performance, excellent screen and camera, and no bloat. The main drawback is the mediocre battery (average of 3 hrs total screen-on time, so you'll need to charge it at least once during the day if you're a heavy user). External speaker is also weak.

The One will probably be superior when it comes to media consumption due to its far superior speakers and sound processing, as well as better battery life. But I don't have direct experience with the M7. My wife just got an M8, which is very impressive.