Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stevem109r
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hello, help please, Acer A501

Hello again it's been a while since I've been on the forum. I am hoping someone may assist. My Acer tablet A501, has stop at start up it will not load past the android logo. I have tried the reset but nothing. Any idea?

Many thank Steve

Sent via electronic carrier pigeons

Default Re: Hello, help please, Acer A501

Welcome back to Android Central! Is your tablet rooted or unrooted? How did you try a reset--was it a button press combo to try to do a hard factory reset?

Does the tablet have an SD card inserted? A corrupt card can sometimes cause problems, so try removing the card and powering on again.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the response B.D, I have tried both resets to no avail. I think it is rooted, had it from new. If you do the reset but push the down volume I get a USB boot menu. Can you boot the tablet by this?

If you got it brand new, then you would have been the one to root it--can you remember if you did? I can't find any site that describes how to hard reset an A501 using the physical buttons, but I did find this video for the A500--hopefully, it will work for you:

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Tried that one, I get the clear data and the second message but still no start. It may have to go off to Acer. I thought you could boot these via usb, but maybe not.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well, no boot sequence worked. Had a big argument with Acer, had a win and they are repairing it at no cost to me.
    B. Diddy likes this.