Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default How do I prevent my Nexus 10 tablet from going to sleep when playing videos

I have my tablet connected to my TV via a HDMI cable in order to watch movies. But the screen goes to sleep after 30 minutes and the movie stops playing and I have to constantly wake it up each time.

I went to SETTINGS - DISPLAY but it only offers a max of 30 minutes before it sleeps.

How do I prevent my Nexus 10 tablet from going to sleep when playing videos?

thanks

Global Posts
    4,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: How do I prevent my Nexus 10 tablet from going to sleep when playing videos

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I have my tablet connected to my TV via a HDMI cable in order to watch movies. But the screen goes to sleep after 30 minutes and the movie stops playing and I have to constantly wake it up each time.

I went to SETTINGS - DISPLAY but it only offers a max of 30 minutes before it sleeps.

How do I prevent my Nexus 10 tablet from going to sleep when playing videos?

thanks
    Hello!

Try this app from the play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ics.stay.alive

It is suppose to keep your device's screen on like you want it to.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!