Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default Texting issue on HTC One m8 for Verizon

A bit of background in case it is relevant...I am back on the android train following a stint with an iPhone. I have also switched providers from AT&T to Verizon. The texting feature on the HTC One m8 is much different than the iPhone. This may be an easy to answer question, but I just can't seem to figure it out.

I've only had my new HTC phone for about two weeks. Yesterday I noticed that photos in a text message my brother sent me we no longer shown in the conversation. Similarly, photos I sent to him in this conversation are gone as well. In the space where the photos should be is a box with a gray mountain and a red sun. Can anyone tell me what happened to the photos? Does this phone or Verizon automatically remove them from the messaging app after a set number of days? Is there a way to find them, or is it just necessary to save any texted photos that I may want to revisit?

Thanks!