Find cell phone

A

AC Question

Android Device Manager on PC reports no device.

Phone (Samsung Galaxt S3 android v 4.4) shows open on all location services. Are there any clear instructions around?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators, and make sure Android Device Manager is checked.

Are you sure the S3 is logged in to the same Google account as the Android Device Manager website you're accessing on the web?

Bill Kapelas

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators, and make sure Android Device Manager is checked.

Are you sure the S3 is logged in to the same Google account as the Android Device Manager (ADM

website you're accessing on the web?

Security settings are checked for android device manager. (ADM) My phone has a gmail address not used. My long standing google account on the PC is not the same as on the phone. I can sign on to my phone email account on the PC but when I try to use the ADM it still points to my old google account.
And tells me no devices found. Help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to the Android Device Manager website on your computer. In the upper right, click on the user profile picture, then click on Sign Out. Now sign back in, this time using the Google account that your S3 is registered with.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It shouldn't be this difficult. It is about Google's insistence on one sign on for all their operations.

I find it more of a convenience to have everything linked under one account. Google doesn't limit you to only one account--you can create as many as you want. You just have to keep track of which account is associated with what.

Glad you were able to remove the old account!